Communications Intern, Spring Term
Internet Association represents over 40 of the world’s leading global internet companies. IA’s mission is to advocate for a policy environment that will foster innovation, promote economic growth, and empower people through the free and open internet. Internet Association ensures that the internet industry, separate from the broader technology community, has an effective voice both in the United States and around the globe.
DEPARTMENT: Global Communications & Public Affairs
POSITION: Intern, Communications
We are seeking an enthusiastic intern to help Internet Association’s fast-paced communications team advocate through the press and our digital channels. This is a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on experience working in tech and policy communications. Interns will also be able to participate in tech policy and career development seminars led by a range of experts in the field.
This is a paid internship.
REPORTS TO: SVP, Global Communications & Public Affairs
- Provide research and administrative support.
- Work alongside the communications team to draft communications materials, including statements, press releases, and blog posts.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop collateral for brand awareness campaigns, events, and membership development.
- Provide logistical support for Internet Association events.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree, undergraduate degree (senior), or recently graduated with B.A. or Master’s degree, preferably in communication, public relations, political science, or a related field.
- Able to work 3-5 days per week during core office hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for the equivalent of a semester: January-April, May-August, or Sept-December.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time efficiently.
- Be a flexible and enthusiastic team player.
- Strong interest in tech policy.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Due to continued COVID-19 precautions, this position is remote. The candidate has an option to work in the office under safety protocols if they reside in Washington, DC.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Communications Internship”.