About internet association
Internet Association represents over 40 of the world’s leading global internet companies. IA’s mission is to advocate for a policy environment that fosters innovation, promotes economic growth, and empowers people through the free and open internet. IA ensures that the internet industry, separate from the broader technology community, has an effective voice both in the United States and around the globe.
Digital marketing fellow
We are seeking a recent graduate with experience in digital marketing to tell IA’s story on a range of digital platforms. We are the voice of the internet economy in the U.S., and we are looking for someone to help us promote compelling digital content, including videos, graphics, and social content. You will have the opportunity to work in tandem with the creative team to promote marquee events, like IA’s annual gala in D.C., that feature member company CEOs and top policymakers. You will also manage paid and organic marketing materials and advocacy campaigns across all of IA’s digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
The ideal candidate has some experience with digital marketing at an ad agency or large non-profit or corporate organization, is comfortable with all or most of IA’s member company platforms in a business setting, and is interested in IA’s mission and the policies we care about.
- Work alongside the communications team to implement and oversee ad campaigns across web, mobile, and email products
- Draft social and web content for IA’s platforms (blog posts, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Develop copy and targeting for paid search ads on Google AdWords
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop marketing collateral for events, membership development, and brand awareness campaigns
- Provide detailed weekly updates on digital performance
- Currently pursuing a degree or recently completed a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience with digital marketing at an ad agency, large non-profit organization, Fortune 500 company, or equivalent
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time efficiently
- Interest in internet policy
- Be a flexible and enthusiastic team player
- Able to work 3-5 days per week (preferably during core office hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) for the equivalent of a semester: January-April, May-August, or Sept-December
- Strong general verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with developing paid and organic content on all IA member platforms a plus
- Familiarity with Mailchimp a plus
- Familiarity working in a WordPress CMS a plus
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC (NO REMOTE WORK)
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.