Internet Association’s Director of California Government Affairs will be based in Sacramento, CA and will lead IA’s advocacy efforts before the California Legislature, the Administration, and other key decision-making bodies. The CA Director will work directly with IA’s Sacramento team to help implement the overall government relations program in the State, and will report directly to the Vice President of State Government Affairs. Other primary responsibilities include frequent engagement with IA member companies to develop policy positions and advocacy strategies, and working with IA staff in Sacramento to plan and execute various events throughout the State. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with significant lobbying experience in Sacramento, who can hit the ground running and lead on important policy issues that impact the internet industry. The CA Director must be a team player and a self-starter, who is willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments typical of a small office environment.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with California government officials and stakeholders to further IA’s goals
- Develop written analysis, testimony and background materials as necessary in support of the IA’s objectives
- Track and analyze state legislation and regulations
- Work collaboratively with IA’s policy, communications, and legal teams throughout the country to ensure that the California efforts are in alignment with the Association’s overall mission, messaging and strategy
- Think outside the box to help identify unique opportunities to advance IA’s overall objectives
- Fulfill other duties/projects as assigned
- Significant lobbying experience with the California State Legislature is preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of state legislative and regulatory systems
- Willingness to travel throughout/outside California as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- A high level of energy and willingness to take on all variety of assignments as part of a small but dynamic team, and a passion for all things internet
Please provide your resume to email@example.com. Competitive benefits. Growth opportunity. Salary dependent on experience.