Director, Cloud Computing Policy
Internet Association represents over 40 of the world’s leading global internet companies. IA’s mission is to advocate for a policy environment that will foster innovation, promote economic growth, and empower people through the free and open internet. Internet Association ensures that the internet industry, separate from the broader technology community, has an effective voice both in the United States and around the globe.
Legal and Policy Affairs
Director, Cloud Computing Policy
Several IA members are key innovators at the cutting edge of cloud computing deployment worldwide. We are seeking a public policy professional in Washington, DC with expertise and/or interest in cloud computing, government procurement, and IT modernization issues throughout the public sector and regulated industries. The Director of Cloud Computing Policy would represent IA and our member companies to congressional staff, government officials (including IT decision makers), and other relevant stakeholders, including key state governments. A background in both technology and procurement policy issues is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for tech policy, technology, and politics. They will be a team player, a self-starter, and a person willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments.
SVP, Legal and Policy Affairs and General Counsel.
Full-time, exempt position
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions & Responsibilities
(In Order Of Importance)
- Develop and lead all cloud computing related policy work, programs, and filings.
- Work collaboratively with IA member company policy teams to ensure alignment between IA’s cloud computing, government procurement, and IT modernization policy advocacy efforts.
- Coordinate IA members policy advocacy to enable:
- use of commercial cloud services and cloud-native solutions, especially by stakeholders at all levels of government and in regulated sectors.
- efforts to modernize government systems, practices, and procurement/acquisition processes to accommodate innovative and technology-related solutions.
- Cultivate new and maintain existing contacts with key technology and cloud computing related policymakers, IT decision makers, and other stakeholders.
- Anticipate and identify key policy issues that impact IA member companies’ technology businesses day-to-day.
- Represent the organization at external events.
- Develop written analysis, testimony, and background materials as necessary in support of IA’s objectives and internal departments.
- Track relevant committee hearings, legislation, and federal proposals and communicate relevant information to member companies and Association colleagues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Fulfill other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience and at least five years of relevant tech policy experience including knowledge of the legislative process and/or experience at a relevant government agency or department.
- Familiarity with relevant standards and policies that impact cloud adoption in the public and private sectors.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of and interest in procurement issues at federal, state, and local levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences and in diverse settings (e.g. public events, meetings, reports).
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by IA’s CEO.
- During a pandemic, employees work from home with the option to work in the office on a voluntary basis or as needed according to state and local directives. IA makes every effort to create and maintain an environment that is safe for our staff.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Cloud”
Please send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com