About Internet Association
Internet Association represents over 40 of the world’s leading global internet companies. IA’s mission is to advocate for a policy environment that will foster innovation, promote economic growth, and empower people through the free and open internet. IA ensures that the internet industry, separate from the broader technology community, has an effective voice both in the United States and around the globe.
Director, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
We are seeking a public policy professional in Washington, D.C. with expertise in diversity, technology, and STEM education policy issues. The Director is responsible for leading and coordinating IA’s efforts on these issues at the local, state, and federal level.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for tech policy, technology, and politics. They will be a team player, a self-starter, and a person willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments.
The Director, Diversity and Inclusion Policy reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Global Government Affairs.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead all diversity, inclusion, and STEM related policies, programs, and filings
- Work in coordination with the IA policy team to ensure that technology policy initiatives on artificial intelligence, algorithms, privacy, advertising, and other technology specific topics take into account diversity and inclusion principles
- Work collaboratively with policy, communications, and legal teams at IA member companies to ensure that any efforts assigned or undertaken are in alignment with the Association’s overall mission, messaging, and strategy
- Manage external diversity- and inclusion-related advocacy, including building and maintaining relationships with executive and legislative branch officials and staff and foreign government officials
- Represent the organization at external events
- Develop written analysis, testimony, and background materials as necessary in support of IA’s objectives
- Track relevant committee hearings, legislation, and federal proposals and communicate relevant information to member companies and IA colleagues in an efficient and effective manner
- Fulfill other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum of eight years of relevant policy experience
- Knowledge of the federal legislative process
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Energetic, collaborative, and willing to take on all variety of assignments as part of a small but dynamic team
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.