Internet Association is the only trade association that exclusively represents leading global internet companies. The Association’s mission is to advocate for a policy environment that will foster innovation, promote economic growth, and empower people through the free and open internet. Separate from the broader technology community, Internet Association ensures that the industry has an effective voice both in the United States and around the globe. Internet Association represents over 40 of the world’s leading internet companies.
The internet sector is responsible for 6 percent of U.S. GDP and 3 million American jobs. IA members help power a massive $159 billion digital trade surplus for the United States and each year help U.S. manufacturers export $86.5 billion in products and services through online sales. American exporters – small and big – from every state and in nearly every sector of the economy rely on internet-enabled tools to reach foreign customers and suppliers. Promoting and advancing digital trade is one of our top public policy priorities.
Director, Trade & International Policy
We are seeking a public policy professional in Washington, D.C., with expertise in trade policy issues. The Director, Trade & International Policy, is responsible for leading and coordinating IA’s efforts on digital trade both domestically and internationally.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in and a passion for trade policy, technology, and politics. He or she will be a team player, a self-starter, and a person willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments.
The Director, Trade & International Policy, reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Global Government Affairs.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage all trade-related policies, programs, and filings
- Work collaboratively with policy, communications, and legal teams at IA member companies to ensure that any efforts assigned or undertaken are in alignment with the Association’s overall mission, messaging, and strategy
- Manage external trade-related advocacy, including building and maintaining relationships with executive and legislative branch officials and staff and foreign government officials
- Develop written analysis, testimony, and background materials as necessary in support of IA’s objectives
- Track relevant committee hearings, legislation, and federal proposals and communicate relevant information to member companies and Association colleagues in an efficient and effective manner
- Fulfill other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience in trade policy
- Knowledge of the federal legislative process
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Energetic, collaborative, and willing to take on all variety of assignments as part of a small but dynamic team
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.