Executive Assistant to the CEO
Executive Assistant to the CEO
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO is responsible for performing tasks and projects delegated by the President & CEO. The candidate will also manage all Human Resources functions to include legal and regulatory requirements as well as all HR related programs.
President & CEO
Full-time, exempt position
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions & Responsibilities
(In Order Of Importance)
- Works closely with the President/CEO and other Senior Leaders as appropriate
- Serves as right hand to President/CEO in a proactive manner.
- Provides a bridge for smooth and effective communications between the President/CEO and the internal team and key external relationships, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with Board Members and their executive assistants.
- Manages the President/CEO’s daily schedule, receives and routes correspondence and telephone calls and documents that require the President/CEO review.
- Manages complex travel schedule, preparing the President/CEO’s travel itinerary and arranges transportation and other business needs and/or agenda’s including airline, hotel, car service.
- Serves as initial point of contact for external speaking engagement request, organize these requests and ensure there are not scheduling conflicts.
- Serves as Liaison with the Board of Directors.
- Coordinates with Senior Staff.
- Safeguards confidential information.
- Manages a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office.
- Manages expense reports and organizational invoices.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the office.
- As needed, interprets request, helps implement action, and decides whether the President/CEO should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of operational and administrative issues.
- Composes and signs correspondence for the President/CEO.
- Drafts and edits correspondence and memoranda for the President/CEO.
- Prepares the President/CEO for meetings and events.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Maintains relationships with member companies on behalf of the President/CEO.
- Handles phone calls, deciding when to put calls through to the President/CEO or interrupts him as required.
- Extended hours and availability by phone & email outside of office hours are occasionally required to ensure the President/CEO is fully supported.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Human Resources Management
- Maintains the work structure by updating job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by recruiting, testing, interviewing and on-boarding.
- Conducts and analyzes exit interviews.
- Organizes orientation.
- Manages employee benefits programs.
- Prepares, updates, and recommends human resource related policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records using a filing system of past and current personnel records.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Eight years experience overall and three years experience in Human Resources is a plus.
- Complete facility with Microsoft Office Products.
- Detail oriented and strong time management.
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills.
- Very accurate typing.
- Good people skills – must be able to work with all staff to provide information.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence in project management.
- Must be punctual, articulate, outgoing, and confident.
- Must be able to work long hours periodically.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- This job normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by IA’s CEO.
- During a pandemic, employees work from home with the option to work in the office on a voluntary basis or as needed according to state and local directives. IA makes every effort to create and maintain an environment that is safe for our staff.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line of “Executive Assistant to CEO”