About Internet Association
Internet Association represents many of the world’s leading global internet companies. IA’s mission is to advocate for a policy environment that will foster innovation, promote economic growth, and empower people through the free and open internet. IA ensures that the internet industry, separate from the broader technology community, has an effective voice around the world.
Executive Director, Internet Association UK
We are seeking a public policy professional in the UK, with knowledge of technology policy issues, communications expertise, and experience in government or parliament. The Executive Director is responsible for leading and coordinating IA’s efforts on technology policy in the UK.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in and a passion for technology policy and politics. They will be a team player, a self-starter, and a person willing to learn new skills and take on a variety of assignments.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Senior Vice President for Global Government Affairs.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Establish Internet Association’s office in London and oversee the management of the office, including hiring support services and additional staff over time.
- Lead IA’s public policy and government affairs programs in the UK and serve as an ambassador for the industry to government, press, and civil society stakeholders.
- Represent the organisation at Select Committees, panel events, and with the media, including broadcast interviews.
- Collaborate with policy, communications, and legal teams at IA and at IA member companies to ensure that any efforts assigned or undertaken are in alignment with the Association’s overall mission, messaging, and strategy.
- Coordinate with the IA communications team to ensure the membership’s perspective is represented in the press and serve as an on the record industry voice.
- Establish and execute strategies for policy, legislative advocacy, and political engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with elected officials and government appointees.
- Develop written analysis, testimony, and background materials as necessary to support IA’s objectives.
- Identify allies and build coalitions of like-minded groups in the U.K. including but not limited to think tanks, public interest groups, and academia.
- Minimum of five years of relevant policy or political experience
- Management experience
- Public speaking and experience interacting with the media, ideally with previous on-camera experience
- Knowledge of the legislative process
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Energetic, collaborative, and willing to take on a variety of assignments as part of a small but dynamic team
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, well-organised, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.