Internet Association hosts events of all types, including marquee events like our annual Charity Gala and Virtuous Circle Summit for hundreds of policymakers, member company executives, the press, and other key stakeholders. Other events include panels, roundtables, staff delegation trips, press conferences, and happy hours.
We are seeking the right person to help IA plan and execute our events program. They will be an organized team player, a self-starter, a person willing to learn new skills, and excellent at managing a variety of assignments. The ideal candidate will be able to serve as an ambassador to IA member companies, work across departments, and manage numerous simultaneous projects.
The Manager, Events reports to the Senior Vice President, Global Public Affairs & Communications and is based in Washington, DC.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Be the primary point of contact for all Internet Association events, both internally and externally
- Undertake all relevant administrative aspects of events, including scheduling, logistics, marketing, and all other direct and indirect activities to ensure successful events
- Communicate with IA member companies to ensure that they are aware of and engaged in events
- Work to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage third-party vendors and consultants involved in our events
- BA/BS degree required
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a high-quality, large-scale event
- Excellent organization skills and project management abilities
- Five years of events management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a small team
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects
- Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com