Internet Association (IA) wants all event participants to enjoy themselves and feel safe at its events. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone, and shall be taken seriously. All IA event participants, including attendees, media, speakers, contractors, organizers, sponsors, and guests of attendees are required to comply with this Code of Conduct:
IA holds a variety of events to educate and connect those involved in fostering innovation and empowering people through free and open internet (“Events”).
- IA does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or abusive conduct of any kind at its Events, including – but not limited to – behavior that threatens, intimidates or coerces another Event participant, and/or actions based on an individual’s gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Firearms, weapons (including weapon replicas), ammunition, dangerous or hazardous devices or substances and illegal items are prohibited at all Events.
- Contractors, Vendors, and/or other representatives of the venue at which the Event is held shall remove participants from the Event or deny admission and/or alcohol services to participants in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and may also deny access to the Event or alcohol services to anyone who appears to be, in their sole judgement, intoxicated.
- IA expects that all Event participants be free from the influence of illegal drugs and strictly prohibits the use, abuse, sale, purchase, possession, manufacture or distribution of any illicit substances at Events.
- Each participant assumes all risk and danger in connection with his/her attendance at Events, whether occurring prior to, during or after such Events, and agrees to release and hold harmless IA in the event of harm incurred in connection with the Event(s).
- By entering the Event, each participant consents to release any and all rights such participant may otherwise have to the participant’s likeness, and to any photographs, recordings, or other images owned or created by IA, any contractors hired by IA to record the Event(s) (“IA Contractors”), and/or any member of the media. Participant grants IA, all IA Contractors, and media the right, permission, and license to use attendee’s name, voice, image, and likeness, and releases and holds harmless IA, all IA Contractors, and media from liability resulting from such use.
- Reporting Incidents: Individuals who feel unsafe or unwelcome or observe someone else acting in a manner that violates this Code of Conduct in put in situation discomfort are encouraged to contact email@example.com, or bring the behavior to the attention of any IA staff member who is present at the Event.
- Notifying IA does not constitute or replace notification to local law enforcement. This code does not replace rules posted by Event venue owners.
- IA reserves the right to take appropriate and responsive actions, including immediately removing the participant from the event, and prohibiting their reentry and/or access to future IA Events.
- Cause for removing a participant from an Event includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal harassment;
- Intimidation or threats;
- Physical violence;
- Stalking; and/or
- Sexually explicit, suggestive, or provocative behavior.
- The decisions and judgments made regarding potential violations of any IA policy (including this Code of Conduct) shall be made at the sole and exclusive discretion of IA, are final, and cannot be challenged.