Director, Cloud Computing Policy
(Download) – Posted 6/27/17
Internet Association represents nearly 40 of the world’s leading internet companies. Several IA members are key innovators at the cutting edge of cloud computing deployment worldwide. We are seeking a public policy professional in Washington, DC with expertise in cloud computing and IT modernization issues at the federal level. The Director of Cloud Computing Policy would report directly to the General Counsel and would represent IA and our member companies to congressional staff, government officials (including IT decision makers), and other relevant stakeholders, including key state governments. A background in both technology and procurement policy issues is preferred but not required.
- Work collaboratively with IA member company policy teams to ensure alignment between IA’s cloud computing, IT modernization, and procurement policy advocacy efforts.
- Anticipate and identify key policy issues that impact IA member companies’ technology businesses day-to-day. Develop strong relationships with our member company cloud computing policy experts and business units.
- Cultivate new, and maintain existing, contacts with key technology and cloud computing related policymakers, IT decision makers, and other stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional internal and external member company teams to further IA member companies’ cloud computing businesses and to defend their reputations.
- JD or other advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant policy and/or procurement experience, including the mechanics of the legislative process and/or experience at a relevant government agency.
- Knowledge and understanding of public policy affecting internet companies.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Self-starter with a proven track record of working with a wide array of functional groups across organizations.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org