Internet Association is the unified voice of the internet economy representing the interests of the leading internet companies including, Airbnb, Amazon, Coinbase, DoorDash, Dropbox, eBay, Etsy, Expedia, Facebook, Google, Groupon, Handy, HomeAway, IAC, Intuit, LinkedIn, Lyft, Match Group, Microsoft, Monster Worldwide, Netflix, Pandora, PayPal, Pinterest, Rackspace, Quicken Loans, reddit, Salesforce.com, Snap Inc., Spotify, SurveyMonkey, Ten-X, TransferWise, TripAdvisor, Turo, Twitter, Uber Technologies, Inc., Upwork, Yelp, Zenefits, and Zynga.
Internet Association’s mission is to foster innovation, promote economic growth, and empower people through the free and open internet.
We are seeking a Communications Manager to join our fast paced communications team. The position will be based in our Washington, DC office, and will report to the Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications. The integrated communications and digital team at Internet Association is the industry’s voice on matters of public policy, and shapes how stakeholders view our industry through the press and our digital properties.
- Develop and execute external communications programs around our core policy issues.
- Find new and exciting ways to tell our story both digitally and in the press.
- Co-manage Internet Association’s digital presence.
- Background press and prepare executives/spokespeople for media interactions and public appearances.
- Handle media requests, arrange press interviews, assist in writing press releases and statements, pitch journalists, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with our policy teams to develop consensus around our message.
- Do what’s necessary to get the job done.
You Must Have
- BA/BS degree required
- Two years of communications/PR experience – especially in a firm environment
- Excellent creative writing and verbal communications skills
- Professional social media experience – content and advertising
- Works well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a small team
- Willingness to learn new skills and participate in new projects
- Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
To apply, please send your resume to Jobs@InternetAssociation.org.