Internet Association Launches Website Highlighting the Industry’s COVID-19 Response Efforts
Washington, DC – Internet Association (IA) today launched a website highlighting the internet industry’s wide-ranging response to the COVID-19 pandemic and related resources. The new site reflects IA members’ ongoing commitment to provide their workers, users, and the broader internet community with safe and flexible work environments, credible and timely information and resources, and secure services that scale to meet worldwide.
“Our members are working tirelessly to support people around the world during this unprecedented global crisis,” said IA Interim President & CEO Jon Berroya. “Internet companies recognize the important role they play in keeping everyone connected, and facilitating access to essential goods and services as well as high-quality information about what is happening in the world around us. IA members are all pitching in to help people through these difficult times, and IA has launched this new COVID-19 website to make it easier for families, healthcare workers, educators, government officials, and industry to learn about tools and other resources.”
To help address the COVID-19 crisis, the internet industry is partnering with and supporting:
- Local communities – particularly educators, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations – to ensure ongoing access to online tools and resources needed to continue day-to-day operations
- Healthcare institutions to help provide resources and relief to the heroic people and institutions on the frontlines of this crisis
- Government and world leaders to coordinate COVID-19 response efforts and streamline information sharing with citizens
- Internet users to facilitate safe and positive experiences while using online platforms
- Workers to help ensure the health and safety of the internet industry’s workforce
The internet industry’s COVID-19 response efforts can be found on IA’s website.