Internet Association And Rep. Schweikert Highlight The Value Of The Internet To Small Businesses In Scottsdale, Arizona
Scottsdale, AZ – Internet Association and Representative David Schweikert today will meet with small businesses in Scottsdale, Arizona as part of an “Internet Community Crawl” to discuss how local businesses, nonprofits, and community groups use the internet to grow, succeed, and thrive.
“The internet boosts economic and social opportunity in Scottsdale and communities across the country,” said Melika Carroll, IA Senior Vice President of Global Government Affairs. “Online platforms empower small businesses and community groups all across Arizona to connect people, raise money for charitable work, expand business, create new jobs, and reach new customers. The internet industry appreciates Rep. Schweikert’s participation in today’s crawl and his commitment to supporting the sharing economy and entrepreneurial community in Scottsdale.”
Internet Association and Rep. Schweikert will visit four small businesses in Scottsdale that use the internet every day to increase sales, engage with the community, and communicate with customers. The internet economy contributes almost $31 billion to Arizona’s economy, and employs more than 56,000 Arizonans, according to Internet Association research.
“Access to the internet provides opportunity for individuals and for small businesses to succeed,” said Rep. Schweikert. “Technology is a boon to all in our community and has the potential to positively transform lives and businesses. I am excited to see firsthand how the wave of innovation has impacted and transformed my constituents’ businesses.”
The Scottsdale crawl will highlight the following local businesses and entrepreneurs:
- J Klein Gallery – An art gallery in Scottsdale Arts District in Old Town that showcases energetic Contemporary Paintings and Bronze Wildlife Sculptures. The gallery uses social media platforms like Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram every day to engage with tourists and local visitors.
- Malee’s Thai Bistro – A Thai food restaurant that turns fresh ingredients into expressive dishes. The restaurant uses Yelp and TripAdvisor and recently expanded to DoorDash delivery to reach new customers.
- S4 Group – A Phoenix Metro Area real estate company dedicated to bringing about positive change in the community. S4 recently expanded its local presence through Zillow and uses social media platforms, including Facebook and LinkedIn, to connect clients and agents.
- Miguel Sanchez – A driver for Uber and owner of Wadaa! Tacos restaurant, which is featured on Uber Eats. Miguel uses the internet in almost every way, including social media, email marketing, online reviews, to expand his brick and mortar restaurant.
- Michelle Hebert – The owner of The Silver Wren, a personalized jewelry company, featured on Amazon Handmade. Michelle grew her jewelry making hobby into a team of women, with designs offered online and in boutiques across the country.